Thursday, May 13, 2010

Priscilla Hauser's Book of Decorative Painting



As I promised in the last entry, today, I would like to present my review of Priscilla Hauser's Book of Decorative Painting. I bought this book at Kinokuniya, Dubai Mall for AED107 . Inside the book, you can find topics such as

1) surface preparations and finishes
Learn how to properly prepare surfaces such as MDF board, wood, metal, tin or glasses. And how to protect and finish the projects when it's done. This also included 6 techniques for adding beautiful finishes.

2)Skills
As with other books, this book also teaches the skills needed in decorative painting.

3) How to paint leaves
Step by step demonstration in variation of leaves from simple to complex leaves such as basic leaves, turned leaves, blade leaves and the scribble leaves.

4) How to paint flowers
Step by step demostration in variation of flowers such as rose, daisy, violet, poppy, morning glories,pansies, Iris, tulip and magnolia. And also include how to paint ribbon, basket, egg, nest n grass.

5) Patterns
Several patterns for the reader to try are also provided inside the book.

6) Tips
Priscilla also give some tips to complement the topics in each chapter.




At the back of the book.




For me, the book is worth it because it has so many good tips and techniques that helped me improve my skills. It helped tremendously to reduce mistakes that I used to make earlier.





Rose worksheet.

No comments: